Can pickles survive without "pickle juice?"

I bought my husband a jar of pickles today. Go figure, I'm the pregnant one and he asked me to buy pickles for him, lol. Anyways, I bought the pickles. He left the jar on the kitchen counter and our 4 yr old got it. She tried to open it, but somehow opened just enough for the juice to leak out. Now I have a nearly full jar of pickles with no juice. Will they survive a bit, or at least until he gets home from work tonight? I don't eat pickles at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Food & Drink

• They will make it for at least a week in the fridge.. They are already pickled but the quality will deteriorate without the liquid.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• They'll survive for a few days or a week, but they'll get kind of wrinkly and less crisp eventually. You might consider putting them in a Ziploc bag instead of leaving them in the jar, and then keeping the bag in the fridge. The condensation on the bag will help keep the pickles moist. (As you can tell, this has happened to me before.) If your husband won't eat the pickles in the next few days, think about making potato salad or tuna salad.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Sure it can, didn't you see that episode of Family Guy?
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 6:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2013