Why would this happen?

The question about the popularity of baby names got me curious, so I went to look up my daughter's name on the list to see what number it was. I noticed that in the top 1000 names, close to the bottom where I ended up by mistake, the entries "Baby" and "Infant" and "Babygirl" were listed. Why would this happen? I'm assuming people don't actually give their children those names!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Baby Names

• My parents hadn't decided on my middle name by the time I left the hospital so I was "Baby Girl (last name)" until my parents went and changed my birth certificate!

Answer by missanc at 3:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I'm assuming people don't actually give their children those names!

That's what goes on the birth certificate if the parents haven't chosen a name yet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• You don't have to name your baby before you leave the hospital. You can pay to have a corrected birth certificate later.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• either some people can't decide on a name or they are like our niece's boyfriend and just don't care. he had to pay to get his last name attached to the child. it's got two first names, three middle names and two last names.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2013