Another wedding question :0D ... How do you decide who to invite?

DO you only invite closest relatives or everyone you know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It depends on how much money you want to spend and also if you want a more intimate wedding or a large wedding with everyone.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• we only invited who was important enough to be there. close relatives doesnt always mean very important ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Because we planned the wedding in 2 months and didn't want to spend money to feed a wedding of 500 guests... we wanted only people we cared about.. close family and friends :) they are the only ones who are important.. everyone else can just read about it in the paper if you decide to put it in there.. in which we didn't LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I had a small wedding and only invited people that I would invite to my house for dinner. You have to draw the line somewhere.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• depends on how much you want to spend. start your guest list with only family. and see how many it comes out to be. then go on to close friends, and then coworkers and such. Also, look for a hall before you do the guest list. this will help you determine your price range. if youre looking at $70 a plate, you probably wont want everyone and their brother there lol. But if its more affordable go for a larger list. Remember, 30% of guests you invite will not come. Piece of advice: if you havent found a hall yet, dont only look at halls that are advertised in bridal magazines. those tend to be EXTREMELY expensive. check local restaurants that have halls. They are almost always more affordable and their food is always a million times better!! if you need anymore help friend request me. i just got done with my wedding and i had a blast planning it, and i have tons of advice that i learned to save you tons of cash!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Im sorry guys... I just dont really know where to begin, what to expect... all that kind of stuff... I know I dont want to spend alot of money, it is going to be in my parents backyard and in the summer... ( the reception will be anyways, ceremony will be somewhere else) I wish i could have one of those lavish weddings like on that show platinum weddings..
    Anonymous

• oh and BTW I have family in Canada should i invite them anyways? Or a waste of a stamp?
    Anonymous

• i didn't get to invite anyone
    we WERE going to just go to a judge untill his "mom" heard about it, then planed the wedding, reception, and invited everyone in our church!
    all within two weeks or less!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• no you don't ;o) because that would give you WAY more to stress about- sounds like your going to have a wonderful reception. That is what i wanted to do was have a cook out in a back yard but misquitos would have been way to bad for people especially my 4 month old at the time! You want something that your going to remember WITH people your going to remember. You don't want to be stressing over a wedding making sure all the details are perfect and everything done exactly to plan because the guests arent going to notice every last little detail to a LAVISH wedding. This is what they will remember- YOU in your BEAUTIFUL dress. And your hubby! And that their stomachs got full.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• if you are close to your family in canada waste the stamp :)
    we didn't invite all our relatives. Just the ones we saw often and more than once a year
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009