Do you limit how many sheets of toilet paper your family uses?

I saw that Charmin commercial where the momma bear has the baby bear use 3 sheets.
I guess you can do that if you don't mind pee and poo all over your hands...

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Ugh, no.. gross! Use as much as it takes!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I am thinking about installing those kind they have in public restrooms, gives you a bit, and makes you work for more, LOL! I swear to goodness we use an enormous amount of toilet paper!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I tell my kids '4 squares at a time. Use 4 squares first and if you need to get 4 more that's fine' because otherwise they will wrap 1/2 the freakin' roll around their hand. I had to put some kind of limit on it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I am trying to get my son to use less... he uses so much he clogs the toilet. But three sheets? Heck no!

Answer by gdiamante at 7:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I am trying to get my younger two sons to use a more sheets. Both think they can get things clean with just TWO sheet. YUCK! My oldest son clogged the toilet a few times when he was little and now he has convinced his brothers that they are going to clog the toilet if they use more than two sheets. UGH!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Yes I do. The kids would use half the roll if I didn't set a limit!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I don't give a set #, I just don't want the toilet clogged. I use 10 sheets myself, not that I sit there and count them out - it was a discussion my mom and I had, and I counted after unrolling some for use the next time I used the toilet. 3 sheets is not nearly enough.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• LOL, haven't had that problem. My son actually uses a moderate amt of tp, enough to get the job done without clogging the toilet.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• No, I never even thought about it till now. I wouldn't see the need to micromanage my family that much, but I guess others have said there's a tendency for kids to use too much and clog the toilet. I'm lucky that hasn't happened at my ouse. I remember my mom obsessing about how much toilet paper went in the toilet at a time; I never put it together why. Maybe she was afraid we'd clog it up, or someone already had and I didn't know about it or recall it happening.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• No, though I do try to get them to use less, simply b/c my toilets clog easily.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2013