How to give up the candy?

i gave up soda and coffee and pretty much anything that isn't water... this week.. and i am ok..... my problem the candy i have the biggest sweet tooth ever!

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I get that way too. The issue is, you are craving sugar because you are not getting any. When that happens, try sucking on hard candy or chewing gum... that might work to get you over the cravings...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• start slowly. don't go cold turkey or else you'll have a relapse. i don't know how much you normally get in a week, but i used to buy those 5# bags once a week. now i'm down to just the holidays and once a month.

i love those skinny cows. kroger has two bars for 1.00 so i get one and i'm good until the next month.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Buy snack size candies (M&M's or Skittles would feel like you were getting more) and limit yourself to one pack a day. Then every other day... until you are down to only eating it as a treat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• For me peanut butter and apples hit the spot when I craved something sweet.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Resist it once at the store and you won't have to think aout it again. If it's candy for yor kids, just keep telling yourself that it belongs to them and not you. Since you wouldn't want them taking your things without asking, you don't get to snitch theirs. Sounds goofy, but it has worked for me. I let myself have a treat, usually one candy item when I go to Wal-Mart, although the chocolate marshmallow egs always blow my willpower all to hell for a few weeks around Easter.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• its not that i buy it........ its like if its in the house like the easter candy i will eat is alll!! :/
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Brush your teeth every time you want some! You could also ask your husband to hide it from you!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I write down what I'm eating all day. That way I know what I'm eating, so if I want an ice cream sandwich, or candy bar or whatever- I work it into my day of calories and then I just stick to the plan for that day.

I still get crappy sugary stuff- but I eat better most of the day-to allow for it and I only have as much as the calories allow.

*good suggestions though with the gum or hard candy -or smaller size idea as well
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• well i started counting calories and it fits in my calorie intake but i want to get rid of it cause i want to be able to not be "addicted" to candy lol
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I replaced sweets with natural sweets like raisins, dried fruit snacks, trail mix. Some dried fruits have a lot of sugar so just read the label. Raisins and nuts have been the best though. Jello and pudding also helps transition. Chocolate pudding especially helps with chocolate cravings.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2013