Am I the only one who answers bill collectors?

i dont mind answering them. They usually drop the bill down a lot and take small payments. i dont like owing anything

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't have many calling me to begin with, but one time I had a dispute with a company's charge and the bill collector ended up being on my side, so it helped in the end. However, what was annoying was that the previous bill collectors kept saying they would note it in their system but never did, so I'd get repetitive phone calls and have to summarize everything every time.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I have never talked to a bill collector. But I can say without a doubt, that is one job I would NEVER want! LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I have not received those calls, but I get many from people asking for money for charity. I already have organizations I give to and I don't entertain them by answering the phone.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• i dont have many calling either.. i pay my bills lol.. usually the things they call about are medical bills from my kids.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I do because the bills are not mine.
    The latest is Josephine Davis. I have had this number and this address for over 10 years and I get tired after a while of tellng them she does not live here, she has not be here for at least 10 years, I don't know anyone by that name, Please remove me frome you records and 10 minutes later they call again. Sigh.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I've never gotten a call from a bill collector.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• The only times I've had to deal with bill collectors were for charges that two different insurance companies were in dispute with the hospitals over. Both times, the insurance companies refused to pay and the hospitals eventually dropped the charges, once because the medical treatment shouldn't have been given and once because the hospital waited way too long to send out the bill and I had changed insurance. If I had to deal with bill collectors I would, since I don't like owing anything, but I do understand that sometimes people just plain don't have what they don't have. I try to be more proactive, though, and deal with the original agencies rather than waiting till the charges go to collections. Usually, it takes a little while before they're sent in.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Yes I mind because they are looking for someone else. There was someone with the same name as my DH who lived in another state that was behind in some bills. It was very annoying.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I've had my home phone number for nearly 3 years now, and still get bill collectors calling trying to find people who had this number before I did. The best *sarcasm* is when they either don't believe I'm not that person, or that I know where I can reach the person they're trying to find. Some of these bill collectors will not take 'wrong number, take it off your call list' for an answer.

I don't have bill collectors calling for my debt payments.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I don't, because all the calls are not for me. They keep calling for other people who have a similar name. I used to answer and politely tell them that the person they were looking for didn't live here, but when they kept calling anyway and started accusing me of lying or demanding that I tell them where he/she was, I just stopped answering. They can waste their breath talking to my voice mail and I'll just delete them.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2013