Dog breath!

My dog's breath is bad enough lately to make a train take a dirt road, I'm serious. Any remedies?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Pets

• They have doggies toothpast and doggie tooth brushes. Usually when the breath smells it is a disorder, unless they just ate something seriously stinky. Tooth decay is at the top of the list. As dogs age they sometimes have trouble with their digestion and need a dog food that is easier on the stomach. Usually these are labeled senior or sensitive digestion.
    There are also chewies that aid with breath like greenies, they just gnaw at them and it helps like a breath mint (grin)

How is you dog's stiffness coming along. Is anything helping?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Next time he is at the vat, have them check for heavy tarter build up and possible abscessed teeth. They can give you options from there. Severe tarter build up can cause a lot of health problems also, in the long run. Not just bad breath.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• e are upposed to get ICE on Moday. GRRRR I hope you are sticking with the warmer weather
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• The warmer weather seems to be helping some. But last night she got hold of a wad of Easter grass, so this morning it was puked up all over the carpet. Anyway, I'm going to look at the chondroitin and glucosamine supplements Petsmart offers as soon as I can. Poor thing!
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2013