Does Facebook make school reunions less fun?

You pretty much get to see what people look like, communicate with them, etc.

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 12:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't do FB, but I'm not sure how it could make a reunion less fun than the one I went to ten years after I got out of high school. It sucked rocks. Everybody was still trying to impress each other; the snooty girls were still snooty and the jock boys still thought they were all that and a bag of chips. Me and a couple of friends skipped out and spent half the night at Denny's, laughing and catching up, but I had no wish to deal with the other pain in the ass people who hadn't improved since high school. I skipped my twentieth reunion, didn't even bother to open the invitation. Bleh!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I think it enhances it. You know something about what they are doing now so at the reunion you don't have to waste time figuring out who is who and ask what they are doing. You can find some common ground after all the years. I love how it helps make it easier to find former classmates and keep up. That also leaves time to spend with those who are not on FB. I'm old. A lot of my generation still are not on FB

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I don't know anyone from High School. I moved across country after High School and cut all ties.
    But...there is one girl I think about and wonder how her life turned out. Hopefully she's struggled a LOT!
    She was my bully!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I knew a girl that was a bully to most people, too and she seems to have changed a lot since she was involved in domestic violence, alcoholism, etc...I think she got some intervention. However, I'm still hesitant to be friends with her considering her past behavior had nothing to do with any struggles as far as I knew. If she offered an apology... maybe.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• My bully couldn't apologize enough! I truly think she is the only person I've ever hated. And I really dislike that word.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• They make them unnecessary. I stay in contact with anyone I want to talk to now.... I could care less about the rest of them!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Good point admckenzie about the generations
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2013