HELP I THINK MY REGIONS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKEDD!!

i just logged in my account and my savings account is gone i only have a checking account and its not the right amount of money in there. i just called the system and there is another card in my name but i dont know what kind of card. i applied for student visa loan card for regions that was many weeks ago has this happened to anyone????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• No.

If you did not spend the money the bank will put it back.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• no my savings account is completely gone theres no savings acount just a checking account with very little money in there i only have checkings not savings :( its all gone even my account number
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Call the bank if it's fraudulent they can help track it and possible replace it. For credit cards you are only responsible for $50 worth of charges that are fraudulent. Not sure for debit but most banks will compensate for fraudulent charges. Either way you need to contact your bank.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• i didnt even receive a email stating that another card was in my name i had to call and the automated system told me
    i had over a 5 thousand saved and its all gone the only thing left is 33 dollars :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• their closed and @ryansmom its a debit
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Yes. A bunch of strangers on the internet at 3AM will be able to help you....
    Why don't you give US your account number??

Call the fraud department- they usually have different hours than the regular bank.

You'll get your money back. Maybe not today, or even by Tuesday, but you'll get it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• My debit card number was stolen and the theif made a duplicate card. They tried to make a purchase for $300 but unfortunately for them they chose a cheap ass person to steal a credit card number from because I never make purchases that large (except for bills) so my bank caught it and the transaction was declined. They got not $$ out of me. But yes it is possible.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• TROLL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• there is a hotline you can call 24 hours a day 7 days a week, press the number that says lost or stolen card, that should get you to a live person.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2013