What's going on with my little boy?

I have a 3 year old son and his nose has been running for about a week and a half. I started to call the doctor office last week but the mucus was clear so I thought it was allergies, now it is yellow-ish and running literally like a FAUCET. He's wiping it everywhere!! He also is getting a nasty little cough. What do I do? It's the weekend so I can't call the doctor now :(

TheSuperWomom

Asked by TheSuperWomom at 10:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like the cold we've had going though our household. I agree with mrsmom, it might be worth a dr. visit to rule out an ear infection if it persists.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• give him a bit of tylenol cold med for kids, if he doesn't have a high fever, then it is most likely a common cold.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Probably just the common cold. Keep him hydrated & make the Dr. appt for next week. When they're that young, the nasal drainage tends to go to their ears & cause an ear infection.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2013