Having my wedding while pregnant

So I am due on July 22nd and my lovely boyfriend popped the question on Valentine's Day. He and I kind of want to do a simple wedding before the baby comes..but we were thinking like May. Do you think this would be too hard? And WHAT WOULD I WEAR, most importantly :) Anyone have any pix of ppl in that situation?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• go for it!! they do have maternity gowns, or you can find a simple dress! make it your own! have fun with it! you can probably make it like a garden wedding, and that would be beautiful!! and that way you have so many options on what you can wear!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I wore a simple dress. I got married at 25 weeks pregnant. My BIL has pics on his myspace. I will have to cop one and put it on my cafemom. If you want to see pm me and remind me to do it please. I have pregnancy brain!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• we planned our wedding in six months. it was tiny. didnt even need to take that long but we had a lot of family that was way out of town so we had to give them plenty of notice. we decorated our garage and had the wedding there and the reception in the house. simple wedding reduce stress and are just as nice
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 3:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• This happened to me. I'm due in March, & we had our wedding in August. It was just a small little ceremony. It was supposed to be on the beach, but we got rained out, so we had it in my back yard under my lanai. He wore khaki pants & a short sleeved, white, button down shirt. I wore a plain white sun dress. It was very casual, we just had a few friends and family members there. It was nice :)
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 3:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My friend is getting married in April PG also she found a wedding dress she loved bought it bigger and had it altered. Good luck and congrats!!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Okay, so i am getting married on may 30th, i will be almost 23 weeks along, so i got a normal dress, BUT when i went into davids bridal, they had this "baby belly" that you could put on, and it made it look like a bigger preggo belly. I tried on dresses that were tight right under the boobs and then were just flowy from there, since i want sure how much weight i would gain between now and then! If you want, you could always go to a justice of the peace, then have a bigger wedding after the baby is born so youll have more time to plan! Its stressful to me, and i started in jan! Or you could have a small family wedding, real cheap and simple to keep stress levels low, and have a large reception with friends and everyone!!! We discussed ALL of these options!! haha, my bridal shower/baby shower is going to be together! =) GOOD LUCK! and Congrats!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 4:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Dont limit the size of your wedding just because you are pregnant :) i had the wedding of my dreams at 7 and a half months. I did pretty much the same thing the poster above did: I bought my dress at David's bridal and literally got a size that was about 8 sizes to big. Then two weeks before the wedding I went into a seamstress and had it fitted, then final fitting the day before the wedding. It was my dream dress, so don't limit yourself to maternity gowns or anything like that Get what you want! If you want to see pics. message me and I'll send you some. You really can't even tell I'm pregnant because the dress I ended up picking was kind of a ball gown type. Good luck and COngrats on the baby and your marriage!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2009