How do you clean bottles?

I use Dr. Browns bottles and they have lots of parts to them. What I do is soak them in Dawn dish soap and warm water and scrub all the parts with the brush they give you and the bigger brush you buy separate. Just wondering if this is clean enough or should I use a bottle sterilizer too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that' just fine. I would maybe boil them once a month or so. I used the dishwasher and then washed them again, I was so paranoid.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Nope thats fine i used them too, and i just put them in the dishwasher and thats it! all the parts come clean and the water in it gets hot enough that it sterlizes them. I would only boil them when you first get them, but after you use them just wash them or use the dishwasher.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 3:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i have the same bottles and i do the same thing!! theyre clean. you can get a sterilizer but its not necessary. if you do want one though they have bags that you put the bottles in and put a little water in adn you throw them in the microwave. they work the same way as the expenssive sterilizers but are so much cheaper!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I use Dr Browns as well and yes they have a lot of parts! I asked my pedi about needing a bottle sterilizer and her responce was "no, soap and water is fine, we dont live in a 3rd world country". SO I have just been waching them and all the pieces with dish soap and hot water using the bruch they give you plus a bigger brush for the bottles. Been doing this for 8 months. Every now and then I will throw them in the dishwasher for sterilization.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 3:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i always boil mine .. n fact last week i forgot about them and melted every last one of them :(
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 3:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009