While driving on a highway and someone is hogging the left lane...

Do you wait a few seconds to see if they're going to move? Or pass them on the right lane?

My husband has no patience and passes them on the right before they can hold him up. Me? It depends on my mood.. sometimes I'm mellow & wait, sometimes I feel like a race car driver and zoom by.

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 1:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I usually pass them & get away from them as fast as I can because those are the drivers that usually cause the accidents. They are unpredictable & either can't see clearly or are on some sort of drug.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• LOL, anesth... I live in the land of Assholes. They do it on purpose!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I pass on the berm fuck em lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I'll wait & then pass if they don't move and I can.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I will pass on the right if I have to. I'm just leery of passing a truck on the right and won't do it. I'm not trying to get into a comfy lil blind spot and wind up dead.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I believe both lanes are open for passing if any one of them are free enough for you to make that pass. There are a lot of unofficial driving rules and also a lot of drivers who take driving laws too literally
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I flash my headlights if they've been doing it for miles. Sometimes they just don't realize :)

I don't pass on the right (it's clearly stated in the highway code here) simply because if there's an accident then I'd have to pay all the damages and my insurance won't cover... My patience is stronger than my bank balance (lol).
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• PS - What DOES really annoy me is people driving in the left lane and braking hard so they can read the signposts for where they're going...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I don't drive, but I would think it might be safer to mellow out and wait. Better for your blood pressure, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Both lanes are not open for passing, and you can be ticketed as a reckless driver if you're blocking the left lane by driving too slowly. If they don't move over here, chances are everyone will pass on the right the first break in traffic on the right. That could take ten miles depending how much truck traffic there is. They will also learn a whole new sign language vocab from the first five or six.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2013