• In the Spotlight:

Is your front door solid, glass on top, 1/2 glass or full glass?

Ours is full glass with swirly & clear designs. But every time someone comes up to the door, they look in. Like cover their brow & look in! If I didn't know the person whose door I was knocking on I wouldn't dare looky-loo in. So I think now I need a curtain :P

So, what kind of door do you have?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Home & Garden

• We have a full glass door and people are always pressing their faces against the glass to see in too! I'll be sitting right there, and they don't see me.. I don't feel so exposed knowing that, but I hate when they look right in like spies. :P
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• No, and I advised a friend of mine about those decorative glass doors, too. It's like people don't realize that you can see inside, especially at night when the lights are on inside. It also makes it easier for a burglar to just break the glass to get in. No wooden or glass doors, only metal doors for me. You can buy privacy film to cut out and apply to the inside of it. They're cling on so it's easy to apply and come in lots of decorative styles.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• We have 1/2 frosted glass but people still peer in.it's rude imo.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Ours is solid wood, but we have small windows framing the door jamb so anybody out there can see in.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• We have one of those fancy oval glass things.... I also had the issue of someone looking in and knocking right after we moved in. I promptly put up a curtain. I know it's pretty, but I love my privacy better.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Solid wood
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Solid oak and it was made to measure by a local craftsman

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Sighted people amaze me sometimes, they really do. I had no idea anyone would think it might be even remotely appropriate to walk up and peer into someone's front door window. Now I wonder if anybody's done that to me and I just don't know it. Creepy!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• This is the reason hubby did not want to purchase any one of those doors, but I think they are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Solid door here! I like being able to selectively answer the door. I would never have a glass door for that reason.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2013