Do you think Victoria's Secret over sexualizes tweens?

Would you allow your tweens to wear thongs and the like?

Update: here is the video I'm referring to

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/victoria's-secret-tween/5151f1352b8c2a2e49000025

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 2:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Thongs are uncomfortable. I wore them strictly for sexual purposes. What does a tween need thongs for?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I don't care for thongs and would be extremely hesitant to let a tween daughter of mine wear one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Yes they do! my girls are no longer teens but if they wanted to wear those then I would have let them only because personally know how comfortable those are......

Answer by older at 2:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I always wore thongs because I could never find a pair of regular underwear that didn't ride up. There was nothing sexual about them for me.

However, I do not agree with VS targeting that age group. What that does is desensitize people to the fact that sexualizing teens is wrong. When it comes to advertising, you know, nothing is sacred. If that's what it takes for them to make money, that's what they are going to do. I hope that it doesn't come to that, but when money is involved, I don't believe they have morals.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Kinda, but their peers are a bigger influence, we didn't have Vickie's commercials when I was a teen and I prefered thongs
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Panty lines. That's the only thing thongs are good for. Or if you need to constantly wipe your ass.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I used to work at a Vickie's in college and we'd get 12-14 yr olds in there buying thongs. It was the oddest experience ever. I'm thinking they're starting to wear them to let the top show when they bend over to get guys to notice them.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• They make no-show panties now so you don't have to wear thongs and there is also Spanx
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Here's the thing- where are the 12 year olds getting money? who is driving them to the mall? They don't have the means to procure these items themselves!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• The parents drop them off at the mall with friends sometimes but other times, they'll use public transportation to get there. They have an allowance I guess. Sometimes, the parents do go with them though.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2013