Do you delete people who don't interact with you on FB?

I'm confused as to why someone would request to friend you and not interact with you at some point. I am thinking it is some kind of popularity contest to see how many friends they can have on their list.

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• I recently went thru and deleted over 100 people that I don't interact with on a regular basis.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• nah- but I only ad people I actually KNOW for the most part. I have very few that I have never met, but knew in some way online for awhile before FB
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• If they're not interacting with me, I don't even notice them - so no.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• No, I only delete asshats.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I rarely use FB, but it seems like the whole thing is one big popularity contest for a lot of people.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I don't delete them.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Not if they're old friends or family because it's nice to know what they're doing and that they're okay even if we don't talk. I might if they're not someone I was ever close with and they're just taking up room or if their posts annoy me. I don't care about the number of "friends" I have at all, I only add people I actually know.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• The only people I have are people I'm related to or friends with in real life. There's maybe 3 people on there that I don't actually know in real life, and even them I still know pretty well from online and/or phone communication, or they are in some way relevant to me. I don't delete people that don't interact with me, because I know that I don't always interact with them, either. I might delete someone if I really thought that there was just no friendship/relationship there anymore, but really the only thing that makes me delete someone is if they are a total jerk.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 9:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I have some step-kids & step-grandkids on my fb friends, that we don't interact with, but they just wanted on my fb friends to be nosey & see what all is going on with us since they don't talk to us or see us. And they don't interact with me on fb either, but i don't delete them, instead i added them all on the "Restricted List" so they won't be able to see any comments, tags, or posts, or photos on my wall, because the people on the Restricted list only see anything on your wall that you make Public, and i never make anything public, just for my close frinds to see. So really it's not doing the step-kids & step-grandkids any good being on my friends, they can't see anything, they may as well not be on my friends at all. That's the polite way that i handle that. The few certain people that is on my fb friends that i would rather not have on there is added to the Restricted list, they can't see my stuff - Nothing lol
    mamabear484

Answer by mamabear484 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2013