My stepson is so awesome!

My apologies for the button-bustin' again, but my stepson is really great with his five-year-old sister. She was broken-hearted and crying because she wanted to watch the trash truck. She saw the dumpsters get picked up and dumped in, but of course she couldn't see the finale because the compactor is inside the truck. So her brother found her a ten-minute YouTube video called "Tour of a Trash Truck" that showed the whole process from beginning to end. He even sat and watched it with her. Those two drive me crazy sometimes with their bickering, but when it comes right down to it, they sure adore each other.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 4:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2013 in General Parenting

• That is how it should be!
    My SD came back from her week long school trip and the little one leaped into her arms and they cuddled for a half an hour. You'd never know the battles that rage between the two to watch that. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• That was so nice of your stepson, way to go!

Answer by older at 5:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Big brothers can be the best sometimes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Awesome!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Love it. Great kid.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• It is super-nice that they have that relationship. I'm glad that he was young enough to be around some to grow with her, so they can share that relationship/bond.

It's really a whole package, the bickering & those golden moments. Very real.

I can believe he watched it, too. I think I would have!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I watched it! Fascinating. You can hardly even imagine how enormous those trucks are, how much they'll hold.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2013