Treasure Hunt Ideas

My daughter is going to get a new bike with training wheels for Easter. We wouldn't have bought such a big gift; the bike came from a friend whose granddaughter has outgrown it. I'd like to do a treasure hunt sort of thing where my daughter find plastic egs with clues inside that send her to maybe a half a dozen places, till eventually the last one shows her the bike. She doesn't read much yet, so I was wondering if you all had any ideas of what pictures I could have my stepson draw for the clues. Or is this too complex, not a good idea for a five-year-old? I'd like to make this special, the first two-wheeled bike is a big event!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Holidays

• You could take digital photos of places she needs to find and print them on regular paper. Be sure there are easy identifying markers in each photo.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• You could help her with the reading.....I think the pictures would be more difficult for her to get it, sounds like a good idea otherwise, fun!

Answer by older at 5:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• My daughter is doing something like this too. Hers are going to end with the baskets in the bathtub... LOL!

Have fun. I'm sorry I don't have many ideas.... I think she just went with the water theme because it was easy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• We just did this for our kids for Christmas, and now I can't find the sites I used to help me make the clues. Many of the ideas actually came from all y'all here. I'll go digging and see what I can find.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Nope, I don't have them bookmarked anymore. There are a lot of hits with: making your own scavenger hunt clues
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Thanks. It isn't going to happen. I ran out of time and energy, so the bike is sitting proudly in the middle of the kitchen floor with an Easter basket hanging from the handlebars, and my stepson is hiding prefilled Dora the Explorer plastic eggs all over the house. She'll get her personalized book, and he'll get a few candy things so she doesn't think the Easter Bunny left him out. It'll work, and she'll never know about the best laid plans of mice and men that went astray.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2013