Carbon fiber skateboards?

I thought they were supposed to be nearly indestructible. So why would my stepson's new skateboard have just snapped in half under him on the asphalt parking lot?

As payment for spending his Spring Break ripping al the carpet out of the upstairs of his mom's house so she could have hardwood floors put in, she bought him the carbon fiber skateboard he's been drooling over. He was outdoing jumps and some beginner tricks with it, and it just snapped in two.

Does that happen, or did he get a lemon? How can I tell? His dad thinks he should have to earn the money for another one, but I hate to see him so disappointed, and after all that work he did tearing out the carpet. Still, I don't really have $80 to shell out for a new skateboard myself, and it wasn't me he did the work for anyway.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Home & Garden

• appears they are supposed to be strong- but was there some kind of guarantee or anything on it?

I would check with the company and see if it can be replaced at a discount or something at least
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2013