Tacky?

Okay so I saw my puppy yesterday. She is SOOOOO cute. The breeder/my coworker said the moms name is Roxy (jerseydiva you suggested that name lol) anyways I heard that and thought it was cute.
I added that to my list of names. Would it be to tacky for me to use it since that is the name of my co-workers dog aka her mommy?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2013 in Pets

• Yeah, maybe. Especially if you're going to talk about the dog around her. My girls watch Pound Puppies and, there's a girl Boxer on there named "Cookie", which I think is cute. So, I suggest Cookie.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Cookie is an awesome dog on Pound Puppies, so that name would be good, too. Or I had a friend with a guide dog named Roxanna. Eventually the name got shortened to Roxie, then to Rox.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Roxy is a common nickname of Roxanne, so maybe you could name her Roxanne but go by Roxy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Maybe call her Roxette so it's not confusing.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• While I do love Roxanne (that was my dog's name when I was in high school), if you are friends with this co-worker it could get confusing. I really like Cookie, like a few others suggested, or if you have a kid, let them pick a name.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I don't think so. Name her a diminutive of it, like Roxita, and nickname her Roxy maybe.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• I don't think it would be tacky at all. It's a cute name, and it isn't like the dogs will know. Besides, lots of little ones share their names with a parent.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• why dont you mix the moms name with something to make her have her own name.. my sisters dogs mom was creamy and the dad pee-boo. so my sister came up with peeboos creamy nut lol.. sounds nasty but she didnt think about it until she had it down on paper. she named her that bc she was a nut and jump all over. since the name was too long she just called her sabrina :)
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• How about just Rox!

Answer by older at 6:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

• i named my dog after her mom. I loved the moms name and just asked the owners if they didn't mind if i named the one i was adopting the same name. They thought it was sweet since she was the only girl out of the liter.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 6:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2013