What can I do with cube steak?

I usually bread it in flour and spices and fry it up... serve it with potatoes and corn. I really need to go shopping and this is the only meat left, anything else I can do?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Stew it?
    Anonymous

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Minute-Steaks/Detail.aspx

I like this
    Anonymous

• umm i have the perfect thing send it to meeeeeee and i will eat it. lol funny funy i know
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• lol katie. i fry it on the stove with butter just to brown both sides (doesnt take long.) then i let it cool dip it in egg wash and breadcrumbs put it in fridge for a bit and then fry on stove again til done then i put them on low in the oven to tender them up.
    for those wondering why i put it in the fridge after breading it helps the breading stay on when frying
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Jodi that sounds really good, gonna have to try that one of these nights.
    Anonymous

• on way is to bread your meat with flour an brown on each side for about 3-4 min then take it out and put in a casserole dish and add a can of mushroom and a can of water an cook in oven for bout 50 min take out an serve with ur favorite sides. my kids eat this up that way. Another tip is you can soak it in dale's seasoning for about 30 min and then batter in flour and fry it up, gives it a good taste.
    busymom_38001

Answer by busymom_38001 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I let it sit and soak in Dale's sauce. Found in the ketsup section of your grocery store. It is WONDERFUL! Then I fry it in the skillet!
    Anonymous

• chicken fried steak. tenderize it if its not already. take some milk or buttermilk in a bowl, crack an egg in. take another bowl of flour, add cumin, salt, pepper, little bit of garlic powder. in a pan on the oven or an electric skillet, add some oil or crisco to cover the whole bottom. put in the milk, then the flour. do it again, put in oil and fry on both sides tunil browned. just make sure the oil is really really hot on a medium high heat. this goes great with mashed potatoes, and you can use the oil with the browned drippings to make cream gravy. yummo.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• cut it into strips and put it into a brito, cut and throw in a stew , chop and put in salid,grill it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2009