Diah., Rash & Fever

My son has had Diah. for almost a week and after a couple day got a rash all over his body and then had a fever too. His rash seems to have worsend since his fever. He has been to the doctor twice since he got sick. She tells me to put eucerin cream on and wait a couple more days and see if he is better. He is not eating very well, but enough to keep him hydrated. Just wondering if anyone elses child has had this. They tested him for rotovirus and he is negative I guess it is one of the thousand of viruses out there. NO idea where he got this he does not go to daycare.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like Roseola. Is he older than 6 mo.?
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Actually...maybe not...I don't think diarrhea is a symptom of roseola.

ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I just took my 9 mth old to his pedi last week for the same thing. I was told the rash was from the fever. His temp went up to 104 and then he got the rash. His rash went away when his fever did. My 3 yr old had something too. She didn't get the rash though. My kids don't go to daycare either. They do go to story time at the library once a week so I'm guessing that's where they picked it up. But the dr said there was a virus going around with fevers that are over 103, diarrhea or vomiting and a bad headache. And it's super contagious. I think I'm getting it now......frown mini

nicholeml

Answer by nicholeml at 4:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009