The first Easter basket I've ever made!! (All the stuff didn't fit in a basket)

For my wonderful little 3 year old.

What's in your kid's basket?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2013 in Holidays

• Nice Job Momma! I thought I was the only bunny still up LOL!

Here's mine Left 13 yo right 3yo:

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• Those look great!!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• In the middle of my kitchen floor, waiting for the morning, is a pink and purple bike with training wheels on it. On the seat of the bike is a personalized book called "My Very Own Name." On one side of the handlebars is a small duck Easter basket with a chocolate bunny, a rubber duck, some bubbles and sidewalk chalk for my five-year-old. On the other handlebar is an Easter basket for my teenage stepson, with a big crispy chocolate-covered pretzel bunny in it, a Kit-Kat, and some Gummy Savers. He picked them out. He also hid 22 Dora the Explorer Easter eggs throughout the house. They're filled with Dora-themed candy, stickers, and temporary tattoos. He was excited to be in on the secret.

Are my kids spoiled? You bet they are! I get more of a bang out of this than they do
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• Ballad my Easter basket has in it...

A carrot golf club
    32 oz of bubbles
    Candyland board game
    A butterfly wall hanging
    Foam stickers
    princess nightlight
    Headbands
    Minnie mouse coloring book
    Mickey mouse flashcards for numbers
    two my little ponies
    A clock puzzle with the hands and all the numbers
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• Awww, Abbey's gonna go berserk! She'll love it!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• Umm....I feel like worst mom ever....I completely space out on Easter this year and ran to the store last minute for Easter baskets, I bought 2 pre-made baskets. The baskets kind of sucked. DS's only had 1 little stuffed monkey, a set of side walk chalk, and 3 little things of candy (he only got the fruit snacks). DD's wasn't the greatest (in my opinion), but she really liked it. It was a rock-star basket, that had star glasses, microphone, guitar, bracelets, and candy.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• AF4life....you are not the only last minute shopper! When I went to the store last night, most things were sold out! I forgot to get stuff to dye eggs, so I figured I'd buy the stuff and dye them today....they just wouldn't get hidden...but the kits were all sold out! don't know what Im going to do now....I already have the eggs boiled!
    I got:
    Jelly beans, peanut butter m&ms, whopper eggs, marshmallow bunnies, some avengers cups, a stuffed bunny peep, an egg with a sonic the hedgehog watch, 2 big suckers, 2 books, starburst candy, and mini peanut butter cups. I think that's about it. I pretty much grabbed the last everything!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• Lobelia, you can use Kool Aid to color them, or if you have food coloring, you can use that, too.

wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• man o man
    i feel like a slacker now

i grabbed a basket we already had
    and put in two large choc bunnies (safe chocolate fro Germany of course)
    and i hide two dozen smaller choc eggs/chicks and bunnies- placed them all around the downstairs
    *and as she was finding them, i grabbed some she found and re-placed a bunch

daughter is thrilled

we dyed eggs the other day, she does not want to eat any of those, this may be a problem, i did promise that we can dye more as son as we eat the colored ones
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2013

• not much this year- choco bunnies- dots- caramel eggs, and 20 bucks (split into 5 dollar bills- one in each egg) and takis for my son, a set of silverware for my daughter
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2013