how to make a little boy not miss the toilet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sounds funny but trust me....put a couple cherrios in the tolit for him to aim at
    lesliegail22

Answer by lesliegail22 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Try cheerios or fruit loops for aiming practice. Or you can drain the bowl, clean and dry it well, use finger nail polish to paint a target on it, and then refill.
    Also, make him responsible for cleaning up the misses. He's old enough to work a rag and simple cleaners with supervision. This isn't a punishment - just a "you are old enough to help clean up your own messes to help keep the house nice for everyone" type thing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• when you figure it out let me know...BTW the cheerios that every one talks about only work if your kid actually will look at them lol.
    Mine stands there peeing and looking all over the room! I keep telling him to pay attention to what he is doing!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Tell him that you need his help with a magic trick. Put some food coloring in the toilet and tell him that you need it to change colors but can't do it yourself. Tell him to pee and see if HE can change the colors. When he pee's IN the toilet, it'll change colors (red to orange or blue to green) and maybe he'll wanna do that more often. If all else fails...do the fruit loops thing. Teaches colors and aiming!
    eyef0undnem0

Answer by eyef0undnem0 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• We used cheerios and let him put them in the toilet, and reminded him that his Daddy and Grandpa didn't miss the potty when they pee'd either. If Cheerios don't work try another cereal target or draw a target on a square of toilet paper with eye liner...that is if he is tall enough to reach the toilet and isn't missing because of an actual inability to reach. If that's the case than provide a stool for him to stand. We didn't need that because until he got tall enough my little man just hitched on leg over the bowl and pee'd on one leg, and then on tiptoes. Now he does very well and even remembers to put the seat up (which makes the potty that much shorter too). Good luck!
    mystic-mom

Answer by mystic-mom at 6:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• lol. I used Cheerios or a square of toilet paper in the middle of the bowl. Heaven forbid, if I talked to them while they were urinating, they would turn from the toilet and look at me while doing their business all over the floor. I tend to clean the toilet once a week. I am not sure how boys do it but their urine sometimes runs down the outside of the toilet. To get rid of the urine smell, I spray the outside of the toilet and the floor around it with bleach water. Sometimes, I have to spray everything down with the bleach water two or three times before the smell is gone.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If you mothers of little boys could do one thing to make your future daughter-in-laws happy, please, please, please teach your sons not to miss the toilets! If you find a trick that works, please pass it on to me because apparently my mother in law never got the memo that this was a good lesson for her precious son! (She also never taught him that he needed to clean up his own messes and I now just have a habit of looking before I step near the toilet!)
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 5:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2009