Is romance dead or alive in your relationship?

and for those who have been together with their husb/SOs for a while, what makes it alive and strong still for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• It comes and goes. I'm okay with that. I hope he is too.
    Anonymous

• Everyday for over seven years has been unicorns and rainbows.

HA.

I adore DH and defintely married "up" but there are certainly days where he annoys me - and vice versa!!!

As for romance - I'm not sure what you mean? Long, shuddering kisses while I'm in my white nightgown staring at the moonlight? Or a well-timed back rub and sweet kiss?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Very much alive!

We've been together 4 years now, and what's held us up and together is that we are honest and courteous with eachother. I would have to say it's been our consistency in those things, and striving every day to be better people. He still opens car doors for me, and he prays over our meals, even at restaurants. I make his favorite dinner, run his laundry, start his showers for him, have it ready when he gets home.

We never EXPECT anything extra from eachother, and it's always a surprise when either of us go the extra mile. My favorite thing about my DH is his smile, and I pride myself in finding new ways to see it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My DH and I have been together for 6 years (married for 4) and the romance is still very much alive. Yes we have moments where we want to tear each others eyes out, but those are quickly over. I can definately say we love each other more and more everyday. We are that couple that is so in love it sickens others lol
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 3:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• DEAD!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I don't think he knows the meaning of romance. -.-;
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Dead.. I think he has been trying to work on it in the past two weeks but I am afraid I might be "too far gone". I spent 9 months being pregnant, letting him ruin my self-esteem ( I'm mad at myself for allowing that one) because he wouldn't touch me for the entire nine months.... Yes. alot of resentment going on.
    Anonymous

• Very much alive.
    We don't always do big things for each other, but it's the little things that count. We love to kiss and hug each other before one of us leaves the house to go someplace. We always say I Love You before hanging up the phone. When I go to bed at night he always comes up to kiss me and tells me he loves me (he goes to bed hours later than I do). I always put out clean towels and washcloths for him so he won't have to worry about it. We leave each other sweet little notes. I love it when he draws little hearts around my name on a note or card. He'll buy me a special treat out of the blue just because he was thinking of me. Loving touches as we pass each other, calls during the day to say we were thinking of each other, and helping each other with tasks are also ways we keep romance alive without even trying - it is all so natural for us.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• We have been together 8yrs (married for 6yrs). Everyday with him makes me happy i have him and he shows me how much he loves me everday and every occasion he has he always does things for me. He means the world to me and vise-verse. But we do have our moments like any normal relationship.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yesterday it was gone. Today it was back (as close to romance as he knows how to get! He's hard core military and not into touchy feely) we have a lot of drama and we break up a lot. In truth, we're probably not good for each other but we keep getting back together for the sex. As long as no one gets hurt I guess, what the heck. I admit I do love the making up! woo hoo!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009