really sick and dont know wut to do

im 39 weeks

been having contractions really bad

and im very sick

my doc said that if i get worse to come in but he would like me to wait till my appt later this week

any way all i can do is sleep and some wut eat

and that makes the day go by slower and seems to make my pregnancy seem to last longer

so im ready to have my baby and im happy im having contractions

but im worried that if she comes when im sick she is gonna have to stay in the hospital a little longer

wut are the chances of me having her when im sick and her having to stay in the hospital longer?????
im not asking about the chances of me going into labor but if i do go into labor wut are the chances she will have to stay longer cuz im sick

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as both you and baby are healthy i dont think you will have to stay in the hospital any longer than standard protocol. (2-4 days depending on natural/cesarean delivery)

Just try to relax and concentrate on birthing your baby.
    If you concentrate on everything else you will be a certified basket case.
    deacons_mommy07

Answer by deacons_mommy07 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I dont think she will stay I think that they will just give you a big dose of antibotics. GOOD LUCK and get some rest. I would also call you doc and tell him to give you something now.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• just because you are sick doesn't mean baby will turn out too be sick also sickness can be a sign that you are going in too labor with my first i was sick for days before i had her and in labor i couldn't stop throwing up she was just fine
    Anonymous

• Sick like you have a cold sick? If so I think you will be fine to stay a normal time. I have a terrible cold right now and I'm 38 weeks... I asked my OB about it and she says as long as I don't have some kind of an infection I should be fine.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• If you have her when you are sick they will likely just watch her a little more closely for the first day and while you are in the hospital to see if she is sick as well. If she shows signs that she is sick they will want to keep her until they are sure she is well enough to go home. When I went in to have my dd I had pneumonia and was very sick. They kept her for an extra hour or so right after I had her for observations and she was fine. So I had her with me for pretty much the rest of my stay and we left together after 5 days. We were only there that long because of my c-section and me being sick. It sounds like your doctor is not very worried about your baby being effected by you being sick, so if I were you I wouldn't worry too much either and just get as much rest as possible so you get better faster.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 3:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Are you sick like the stomach flu sick? If so, you might not actually be sick. It might just be that you're about to go into labor.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I was sick when I had my last daughter, and they didn't keep me any longer than usual... in fact, I left a day and a half after having a c-section. She wasn't born with my cold, but she did catch it with in two days... the important thing at that point is to keep your baby super hydrated. Your pediatrician can help out with any more information you need beyond that. However, lots of women give birth while sick.. it sucks, but you'll be alright :o)
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 4:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009