What should I get my DH for his birthday?

My DH birthday is in less than a week. He won't tell me what he wants. He's big into cars. He likes tools, but I don't know what he wants. I know he wants to get his car painted eventually, but he wants to work on it first. Should i give him a card saying I'll pay for the paint job when you are ready? I really don't know what to give him.

musicmaker

Asked by musicmaker at 1:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2013 in Relationships

• Visa gift card, surely this can be applied to the car?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• A photo shoot of you in something sexy, bent over a classic car!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• What about one of those half-day courses where a person gets to take driving lessons and then do a couple of laps in a racecar? I've seen them on Groupon and Living Social. They cost over a hundred dollars, but if yu were thinking of paying for a paint job anyway, the price might not be prohibitive.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• For now why not go to your local mall, look for a store name Spencers, they have fun stuff for couples including these little coupons . You could plan a romantic night, give him a coupon and a gift certificate from the place that paints the cars :)
    SMDH_76548

Answer by SMDH_76548 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Hmmm.... Men are particular about car crap and tools... Is there another need? Does he cook? Kitchen crap? A new wallet? Subscription to a car magazine. A new gun?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• I like PartyGal's idea....

and I can tell you the best gift I ever gave my husband was Nascar driving school. He got school and 20 laps on the track. It was over a year ago now and he still hasn't stopped smiling and telling everyone who will listen about it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Good ideas ladies.He does need a new wallet, the one he has now looks awful. Maybe I could get him a wallet, and have a visa card to get the car painted inside.  He was a chef, but we have more kitchen stuff than we need now. I will look into the car thing too.

musicmaker

Comment by musicmaker (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2013