Breakups and relationships

My boyfriend and I broke up 3 weeks ago we lived together and he just woke up one day and said he wasn't happy. He blocked my number and now he has a new gf whats your opinion on this? Is this a rebound relationship? what is your opinion of getting a new bf/gf right after a breakup?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2013 in Relationships

• He was seeing her while he was still with you,duh

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• He's an insensitive ass. Even if it's a rebound, you should still move on b/c he's obviously incapable of a real relationship.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• He was seeing her while you two were together.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• no he wasn't he met her after we broke up on a dating site.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• My opinion is that you should let go and find someone else who merits you, whether he met her before or after doesn't really matter he has moved on you should do the same.....

Answer by older at 9:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• so he says....
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• some people (like him obviously) cannot physically cope w/ life unless they have someone with them. dependency issue of some kind. i would bet ya that his last GF before you was a month or less before you guys met
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• hibbing I wouldn't doubt it but people who bounce from person to person is only gunna hurt themselves
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• whats your opinion on this?  That sucks.  

Is this a rebound relationship?  Does it really matter? Just be glad someone else has to deal with the douche bag.

what is your opinion of getting a new bf/gf right after a breakup?  I don't have one.  Every situation is different.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• I agree with what QuinnMae said about every situation being different.

In answer to your other Qs, I don't really have an opinion about his actions (breaking up with you suddenly & starting a new relationship soon after) because I don't have enough info about which to FORM any opinion.
    It sounds like it was painful for you, and that it was sudden & unexpected, which adds to the pain. All of that totally makes sense. That doesn't say anything about his perspective or process, though.

I don't know if it's a rebound relationship; I think that depends on him. Are you thinking it would be helpful to you to be able to dismiss this relationship in some way as "just a rebound" without much substance, or as him avoiding dealing with his feelings? It's OK to feel upset after a breakup (even if the ex doesn't seem to) and to feel hurt & insecure in response to him moving on, wondering whether he really cared/if you were special, etc.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2013