He is threatening to quit his job if i go for CS...

it's only 6:35am here in CA so I can't call my lawyer yet. Last night we talked about custody & came to an agreement but when I brought up support he got pissed and said he'd quit his job & go on disability (which he is eligible for from a bad cycle accident). i am dying to talk to my lawyer but what do you think will happen? how fast can we get into mediation. my STBX still hasn't even received the papers I filed.

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 9:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• Well then they'll either take it out of his disability,or he can sit in jail

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Why is he resistant to paying support to take care of the kids? It's not like they will take everything and they are partially his responsibility. WTF does he expect, you to take on the complete financial burden of raising the children you share?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• he expects me to leave the house with the kids and receive no c/s. that is exactly what he expects.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• He wins the asshole of the year award.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• How to Make Minion Nails😱😀❤

He's trying to scare you. Once you can talk to your lawyer, do. There is no way he can back out of CS. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• no they will not take it out of his disability.. ..thats why he said he will get on it,..
    Anonymous

• LOL, that's hardly realistic and even a mediator is going to tell him that. Either way, he has a financial obligation to contribute to the care of the children.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Perhaps when he hears it from another source (he attorney) he will be more receptive to the fact that he has to pay some kind of support.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

How to Make Minion Nails😱😀❤

Where do you get your info? My brother is on disability and CS is taken out of his checks.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• You'll still get money from that check if he does. I hope you recorded the call (if it was a call). In the future, only communicate via text or email (electronically) so you have evidence of what he says.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2013

• No anon,if the divorce decree states that CS is to be paid,YES they will take it from his check

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2013