doing baby's laundry

Okay so I should be having my baby within the next week or so, and I know you're supposed to wash the baby's clothes before they wear them. Well, we got a LOT of baby clothes from the shower, and I just don't know how many outfits of each size to wash. [Newborn & 0-3 months]

What do you suggest?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 3:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're going to wash them, I guess wash them all. I don't really know, I never did. And don't use Dreft. Use any brand free and clear. If your baby has sensitive skin, or eczema, the fragrance and color in Dreft will aggravate it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You only need to wash up a couple in each size.
    Why? If the tags are still on them, you can exchange the small sizes for bigger sizes if your little one is already too big for them.

And just use your regular soap. Unless your baby shows signs of skin irritation, you don't need to use special soaps like Dreft. I used Tide Perfume and Dye Free since I am sensitve to perfumes and Dreft is scented. I had no problems. Remember - your baby is going to by laying on your clothes and many other items that were not washed in special soaps.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would wash them all, because there may be days that you have to change the baby a few times! so go ahead and wash them all!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• do 'em all. You'll be happy to have extra. =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thanks ladies :)
    I'm currently washing them ALL, and as well.. I am, and have been for the past few months, washing me & hubby's clothing in dreft.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 4:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• DON'T wash them all.. wait to see how big your little one is. I had so many clothes in size 0-3 months and he was born at 9lbs 7 ounces and grew out of that size fast!! A lot of things I could have exchanged for a bigger size.
    mylittlemonkee

Answer by mylittlemonkee at 5:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i changed mine up to five times a day at first...they pee through, they spit up, etc.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009