doing baby's laundry

(also asked in parenting)
Okay so I should be having my baby within the next week or so, and I know you're supposed to wash the baby's clothes before they wear them. Well, we got a LOT of baby clothes from the shower, and I just don't know how many outfits of each size to wash. [Newborn & 0-3 months]

What do you suggest?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 3:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• start with your newborns and then relax. if you can do it all now, great! if not, then dont worry! try organizing the clothes by size when you put them away, that way you know you wont have to dig for the correct size. good luck and congrats!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I just washed EVERYTHING =] Might as well get it over with now while you don't have a little one around
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I washed everything before my due date. That way it was all clean and put away and I wouldn't have to worry about laundry the first couple weeks.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I washed everything, and I agree with Amanda about organizing by size while you have the chance. It helps a ton.

Also, What I did was as she was growing out of sizes, I had a box by her bed that I threw clothes into as she grew out of them, for each size group (i.e. 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months) and it helps a lot to keep things organized.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Wash all of it while you have the energy lol. Baby clothes are tiny so it should only be a few washes
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i washed everything with my son. start with your nb and go from there if you dont get all of it done befor baby gets there no biggy but alteast you will have the smaller sizes washed and ready to go. organize them by size when you put them away it will make it easier to find the right size later. they wont wear NB but a couple weeks.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I washed the newborn and 0-3 months stuff. Then she was premature and it was totally pointless..lol. She didn't fit into any of the stuff and I had to go out and but new stuff and wash again. But anyway, I would wash the newborn stuff and the 0-3 months for now and get it all put away. I would also buy differant containers for each size and sort it so you wont have to go looking for it and when your baby grows out of it you can just put it away if you are going to have more kids.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I got a ton of stuff from my shower as well. I just washed it all. I was able to do it all in a day. Funny how many baby clothes fit into a washer. Then I folded it and put it all away according to size.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i never washed my son's clothes before he wore them and he's fine.
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 12:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009