Is this the best way to handle it? adult content

My DD was playingw/ kids from a few houses down.  They are younger by a couple of years, & we've had drama in the past.  (Long story)  This time, I'm upset & have given myself time to cool before going down to talk to the parents.  Their DD "goosed" my DD, but shoved at least 1 of her fingers up my DD's rectum.  (thru her pants) It hurt my DD & she got mad & said a bad word to the girl.  That girl's parents supposedly told her she didn't need to say she was sorry b/c she didn't do anything wrong.  Really?!  It's OK to "goose" people.  This is the same child who touched my DD's chest when she was wearing her swim suit last summer. Ugh!  I am thinking of saying that it's NOT OK for their children to ever touch my DD in that manner & that if she ever did that at school, she would be in huge trouble! What do you think?  What would you do/say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2013 in Relationships

• I would keep my kid away from a kid like that. As far as telling the parents - they've already indicated they see nothing wrong with it, so why waste your breath? Just tell YOUR daughter that it's wrong (which she obviously knows), and remind her that she doesn't have to tolerate being touched like that, as well as that if it happens again (with anyone), she should tell you.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• I would not have your DD play with her anymore. If the parents ask why say it's because of their kids inappropriate behavior.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Their behavior needs to be addressed or it may manifest into sexual harassment worthy behavior as they get older. However, the mom sound s like an idiot. I would not let my child hang out with them again. I'm sure there are plenty of other children with smarter parents to play with. Invite only a few of the good kids over to your house. When that bad child starts to get excluded then she may start connecting her behavior with consequences, such as losing friends.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• I'd also question where the hell the kids learned these behaviors???
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Best predictor of the future is the past.

II agree with 3libras I woudn't be letting my kiddos over there anymore. I'd explain it to my kids, and If necessary the parents of the other kids.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• That is certainly inappropriate touching and I would not be letting my kids anywhere near anyone in that family. I feel sorry for your DD, that's not fun or funny. I would console DD and let her know that she's not going to spend time with those kids.
    If the other parents want to know what's up and ask after your daughter I would let them know that their view of what is ok touching and what is not is skewed and you can't have them around your kid. No debate. That's a fact.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• I agree with 3libras.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• keep her away from that family
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• If you've already had issues with these kids in the past, why are you still letting your daughter play with them? I'd just stop letting them play together. I doubt the girl meant to hurt your daughter, but maybe just got carried away. I also wouldn't confront the parents. They obviously feel it's harmless child's play and they won't take you seriously anyway.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• I would consider that sexual assault.  You should not let your DD play wit her any more.

Answer by louise2 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2013