Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Is this the best way to handle it? adult content

My DD was playingw/ kids from a few houses down.  They are younger by a couple of years, & we've had drama in the past.  (Long story)  This time, I'm upset & have given myself time to cool before going down to talk to the parents.  Their DD "goosed" my DD, but shoved at least 1 of her fingers up my DD's rectum.  (thru her pants) It hurt my DD & she got mad & said a bad word to the girl.  That girl's parents supposedly told her she didn't need to say she was sorry b/c she didn't do anything wrong.  Really?!  It's OK to "goose" people.  This is the same child who touched my DD's chest when she was wearing her swim suit last summer. Ugh!  I am thinking of saying that it's NOT OK for their children to ever touch my DD in that manner & that if she ever did that at school, she would be in huge trouble! What do you think?  What would you do/say?


Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2013 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (16)
  • I would keep my kid away from a kid like that. As far as telling the parents - they've already indicated they see nothing wrong with it, so why waste your breath? Just tell YOUR daughter that it's wrong (which she obviously knows), and remind her that she doesn't have to tolerate being touched like that, as well as that if it happens again (with anyone), she should tell you.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 5:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • Call the cops. Your child was sexually assaulted.

    Answer by gdiamante at 7:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • I wouldn't let my daughter have any further contact with that family if I were you. I also wouldn't bother confronting the parents. If they don't know what their kids are doing is inappropriate, you telling them won't make them see the light. Ya can't fix stupid!

    Answer by Ballad at 3:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • I amwith the othersand think the police/cps should be called


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • keep her away from that family

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • I would consider that sexual assault.  You should not let your DD play wit her any more.


    Answer by louise2 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • I haven't let my DD play w/ them since it happened. When the little girl saw me come out to talk to my DD, she ran away b/c she was in the next door neighbor's yard trying to talk to my DD. ^^^Party Gal that's what I was thinking too. Esp. since they found a porn shoved in the couch cushions in their man cave a few months ago! Luckily had the sense not to watch it- at least not while my DD was around. Hmmm...


    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • you can call the police... at a certain age the parents get introuble. a lil older the child can get introuble..

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • Why do you allow them to play together any more?


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

  • That is certainly inappropriate touching and I would not be letting my kids anywhere near anyone in that family. I feel sorry for your DD, that's not fun or funny. I would console DD and let her know that she's not going to spend time with those kids.
    If the other parents want to know what's up and ask after your daughter I would let them know that their view of what is ok touching and what is not is skewed and you can't have them around your kid. No debate. That's a fact.

    Answer by tessiedawg at 2:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2013