How many words should a 14 month old be able to say

My son says mama, dada, sissy, hello, ouch and tries to say I love back when you say I love you but it comes out ah luv

I was wondering how many at that age they should know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's sounds to me like you LO is doing just fine. If you are concerned, talk to the pediatrician. The ped has been following the development of your LO and can tell you if there is cause for concern or not.
    Some kids develop speak quickly, some more slowly - depends on the kid, your involvement in speech development, the presence of sibilings, etc. Some kids have many words at 10 months, some don't really speak until 18+ months.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• It seems to me your little one is right on track. I don't remember my daughter saying more than that at such a young age.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Every child is different, but I certainly don't think you have anything about which to be concerned.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• My daughter started to speak words when she was months old, now she's 9. My nephew didn't say words till he was 2 and now he's 6 and speaks well. They are all different just keep talking to your child they learn from you
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 4:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Every kid is different. Yours is doing fine.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2013