Brown bag lunch needed for school trip to Sea World. No ice chest.....

It must be in a brown bag and contain a drink. Nothing is refrigerated. What can I pack?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 8:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Water bottle, PB&J, granola bar, applesauce.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Can you use a plastic grocery bag instead? That way you can freeze stuff like the water battle, a go-gurt, apple sauce, etc, & their condensation won't break the bag. Frozen grapes work well too. :) Sounds fun. Are you goin along too? Can they feed the dolphins again or not?

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• you can put ice cubes in a ziplock- it'll keep keep the food cold and can be disposed of with the brown bag
    you can also half freeze a pop and wrap it in foil it should defrost by lunch
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Freeze Capri sun's... they will keep stuff cold an be drinkable by lunch time. I do that when wee are camping vs using ice packs!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Prepackaged cheese and crackers. Raisins. Granola bars. Beef jerky. Pretzels.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Peanut butter sandwich
    chipe or carrot sticks
    cookie or an apple or raisins
    The kicker is the drink.
    You can send most anything except milk. I personally am not fond of drinking anything that is air temperature. but the brown bag makes it so thatyou can't do anything like freeze a small a mout of water in an unsealed bottle over night and then fill and seal it in the morning because the bottle will perspire and the bag will shred. The reason is that they want the kids to be able to throw away the entire lunch bag and I get it. maybe a water bottle?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Can't you use a cold pack? you know something that you put in the freezer that stays cold and you can put inside the brown bag? Make an olive oil based pasta salad with a little bit of salt and pepper or seasoned salt. Add some cubes of grilled chicken. Or Mac n Cheese with cubes or slices of ham or spam. Side of fruit cocktail, fresh fruit, prepacked jello or pudding, some chips and cookies of any kind. Fruit juice box.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• The kid is at sea world. They wont care what they eat! I say peanut butter jelly apple or banana and juice box
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I would send pb&J with some chips or crackers, some kind of fruit or granola bar, and freeze a water bottle. You could wrap the bottle in paper towels,which would absorb the condensation and keep it from destroying the bag.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• The only thing in the world my child will not eat is peanut butter. Lol. Trust me, she will care what she has to eat because she's going thru a growth spurt and eats like a horse. They will be gone from 6:30 am until 6 pm....that makes for a long day.

PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2013