is it normal for 2yr old to lick everything

worriedgrannyof

Asked by worriedgrannyof at 9:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sure is lol... my neighbors son is going through that.. my son went through it. some 2 year olds do it some dont. some stick things in their mouth all the time which is what my daughter did when she was 2.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Mine did at that age.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• DD used to lick the hot oven :/
    so yeah, i think its normal

wait until they get into the "i am a dog/cat" phase and try to clean you- ickies :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• Yes. Babies have more nerve endings in their tongues. That's how they explore everything- shapes, textures, etc.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2013

• My 2-yr old son likes to pretend he's our dog or our cat and will come lick my arm or foot or whatever he can reach... It's very normal... kids are weird ;)
    molly_beth13

Answer by molly_beth13 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• yes it is and I found that it was harder to get them to stop licking everthing so what I have done is find something they really really do not like and first I worn them if that still does not work I give them I finger full of the stuff that do not like and tell them ucky and I repeat it evertime they do it and they will evenchly stop doing that I have learned from experince, good luck friend
    Traber

Answer by Traber at 8:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2013