Air bed is always to make sleeping on it warmer???

Okay, it doesn't matter who's air mattress I'm on, it is always freezing by the middle of the night...even with down comforters. So here's what I'm wondering, what can I do to make this warmer?

Do you think if I put a foam mattress on top of the air bed, I'd be warmer or will the cold just go through the foam?

I know, weird question.

Asked by jeanclaudia at 12:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Home & Garden

• You could put a blanket under the sheet.

Answer by staciandababy at 12:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Whenever our boys would bring friends over, we would use the Queen size Air mattress. I would put a fitted sheet on first to protect the mattress, then a fitted electric mattress pad, another fitted sheet over mattress pad, then make the bed as I normally would.

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• A blanket under the sheet would be a start, but one of those heated mattress pads might be even better. Or turn on an electric blanket on top of the covers an hour or so before you go to bed, then switch it off if you worry about the air mattress getting too hot during the night. You might even try an electric blanket under the air mattress on the floor, switched on a little while before bed and then turned off before you go to sleep.

Answer by Ballad at 12:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• flannel sheets
    flannel pjs?

Answer by Dardenella at 12:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• electric mattress pad, who knew? that would help. I usually put a blanket down and then the sheets and then more blankets but it's still cold. Maybe the electric thing if it's safe...thanks!

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Beware PVC and BPA and other toxins in the plastic being released with electric heat.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Or maybe a body pillow, either human or stuffed with polyester ... *Smile.*

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• As long as the mattress is covered before putting pad down it's safe. Plus our mattress has a felt top.

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Fleece blankets

Answer by baconbits at 11:30 AM on Apr. 2, 2013