Too early to test?

I had my period on February 26th and went off the pill a few days later. I had 3 days of heavy bleeding beginning on march 9th. Should I be basing my cycle off the Feb 26th period or the march 9th? Would it be too early to test? I have a "feeling" that I'm pregnant.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Too early.

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Base it on the last cycle when you bled (March 9). Test once your period is actually late.

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Neither
    Those were not true periods since you were on the pill.
    if you miss this month's period,you can test

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I went off the pill before the bleeding in march

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• The pill was regulating your periods when you stopped it the progesterone levels in your body dropped triggering another period on March 9th. In either case you need to WAIT a few months for your cycle to regulate before trying to conceive as you are likely to have irregular periods for the first few months. With that said if you're REALLY desperate to test you would use the March 9th date as your "last period". Keep in mind however that you may experience late periods while your body learns to regulate itself since you JUST got off the pill.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Even if March 9th was a true period, you're not late yet. Hold your horses.

Answer by Ballad at 3:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2013