do you really have to wash all the clothes u get for ur baby

if so when did u wash them
i only got a few outfits at my baby shower so i wased them all and a few weeks later
someone gave me a bunch of clothes and they have never been woren
so should i just was them all
im 40 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you should especially wash brand new clothes because they could still have dyes on them that could irritate the babies skin... I wash everything before it gets worn, unless it was an emergency buy and she needed the clothes on lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• If your baby will wear new items, yes, you need to wash them. IMO, better to wash hand-me-downs, too, just all the stuff can be free of dust, Sizing, etc.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I washed everything in Dreft. I still do actually and my son is almost 9 months :) I'm not sure when I can stop doing that ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i never washed mine son's clothes. they were from the bag/box and he wore them. he was fine.
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 12:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009