What should I bring to the potluck?

So far people have signed up to bring spinach lasagna, garlic bread sticks, potato salad, cupcakes, drinks, cups, plates, forks, and chocolate covered strawberries. Someone suggested that I bring another main dish to go along with the spinach lasagna. Any ideas?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 2:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Food & Drink

• A salad, mixed greens with dried cranberries and goat cheese and walnuts, with balsamic dressing, this would accompany the lasagna very good, no need for another main dish...

Answer by older at 2:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I make a dish called upside down pizza, which would compliment the lasagna. It's super easy and it feeds several people.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• How about greek chicken? I make it all of the time, how many people are we talking about? Trying to think of something to match the potato salad, so far it sounds like an italian theme, and potato salad and lasanga don't mix too well?
    Let me know for how many people and I will give you it based on how many are coming, a bit less because it won't be a full meal.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• A big garden salad with tons of veggies. Fruit salad. Antipasti tray. Tuscan soup ( bring it in a crockpot).
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• There will be approximately 13 people there. I forgot to add that someone is doing a salad.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Chicken
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Okay easy, I would take 3 whole cut up chickens, marinate in greek dressing, you will need about 2 bottles for the marinade, and one for later, put in marinade for 24 hours but at least 4, add some basil and a bit of mint to it if you want, then put in large foil pan and bake for about 1 hour, the last 15 minutes add the dressing and broil, garnish with feta cheese, sliced black olives and diced tomato. This is the easiest and most complimented dish I have ever made, my SIL is the only person who has ever ruined it, LOL! She didn't marinate and baked the hell out of it!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I would roast a couple of whole chickens. I really like a simple main dish at a potluck. And chickens are cheap and easy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• leave the bone on the chicke, they have cut up fryers/roasters at the store.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I recommend Funlovinlady's Italian beef sandwiches. They are crazy good and would be simple to transport in a crockpot.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2013