My cousin posted a pic of herself with her sister's kids,and I noticed something strange

The older boy,who is 4,has a protruding ridge that runs perfectly down the middle of his forehead. I've looked at diagrams of skull bones and do not see a suture line in that area.
it looks like someone drew a line down his head. It lines up with the middle of his nose,upper lip,and midpoint of his chin. Like he was split in half and sewn back together or something.
His forehead is also VERY high. His head is 60/40 forehead to face
For you that know this story,he's the boy that was almost starved to death in his infancy.
Could what happened to him have caused some sort of growth issue?
It sounds bad,but his head looks like that of those babies starving in Africa you see in ads.
If the doctor has said something,she hasn't said so

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Idk GOOGLE effects of growth when starved? Could it just be a bad picture, lighting or something?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I have no idea
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• So is it their biological child? If not he just probably gets his looks from either his Mom or Dad's side of the family . Probably just genetics.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• The poor kid. I hope he is developing normally & is not suffering any effects from his past. If you are close to your aunt & uncle, maybe find a gentle way to discuss your concerns. If he has normal brain development, hopefully his hair will cover up the flaws you mentioned.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• The ridge is so obvious that it causes a shadow onto the other side of his face

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• The last time I saw him,it wasn't as obvious,but it looks more prominent now
    it looks as if his upper skull is growing at a much faster rate than his face,or vice versa

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• neither parent looks or looked like this
    I've been in the mom's life from the day she was born. I've seen pics of the dad from birth up
    Even if it was genetic,why would he look like he was split in half?
    i'm curious if this line goes all the way down
    I haven't seen him nakey since he was 6 months...before the starvation

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2013