How to color eggs with gel food color?

I realize it is not Easter anymore, but my SO hard boiled 18 eggs the week before Easter so he wouldn't forget to color them and he just hasn't had time to color them with our daughter.

He bought betty crocker "Gel Food Coloring"

He's working til close this week so he won't be home at all. Do I just drip the color into water and dip the eggs? We have always bought the Paas tabs before.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Holidays

• you need vinegar
    Also,if those eggs are a week old,I hope you don't plan on eating them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Never used food coloring but it seems people have been using "Kool Aid" & Veggies to get fun colors.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Look on Pinterest! I'm sure someone has something posted there!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I don't plan on it- but I thought hard boiled eggs lasted a while?

Good to know- googled it and they are good a week. He did it the week before easter so sometime last week- I'll figure out the day and go from there.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I have vinegar- what do I do though? Put food coloring in vinegar? LOL no answers to the question!
    staciandababy

• Food coloring is going to be used in most of your egg decorating. It's really quite simple to use. Use about 20 drops of food coloring (feel free to mix colors to get desired color) with 1 tablespoon of Vinegar, and 1/2 cup warm water. Lower your egg into the bowl of food coloring liquid for about a minute (longer if you want a brighter color) and place it in a stand to dry.
    If you are using a food coloring gel, then use the tip of a butter knife to scoop a little out and mix it in the liquid mixture. The more gel you use the brighter the color is going to be. Try different colors on the same egg. Dip a part of the egg in, let it dry, then dip another part. Mix it up!
    Food Coloring Tip: Color when the egg is still a little warm, it will dry the food coloring much faster.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I have no idea
    kaybear123

Answer by kaybear123 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2013