We just found out that he has a low sperm count, what does this mean for us and our chances of conceiving?

My husband decided to do a home fertility test today and we followed the directions perfectly. The result came back saying he has a low sperm count. Does this mean we will really struggle to conceive? Anyone else have a partner with low sperm count? Did you end up needing fertility drugs? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• There could be a few things causing his low sperm count and some things you can do to increase his sperm count. http://www.babymed.com/tips-improving-sperm-count

I would kept trying and if you are still having problems conceiving in a few months talk to a doctor about it.

amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Low.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Mine had a low sperm count. Pregnant the next cycle after that diagnosis!

Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. Follow it. We did. It only takes ONE... and that's how it worked for us. ONE attempt. One baby.

And that was after six months of screwing with ovulation kits and having sex every other day etc wtc etc. Less was more.... because it was timed precisely correctly thatnks to that book.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I guess I'm not sure I'd trust a home fertility kit exclusively
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Wow, things have come a long way since my ex and I were trying to conceive. He didn't have a low sperm count, but there were no home tests then. Try for six months, and if you haven't had any luck, talk to your doctor. You'll probably get referred to a fertility specialist, but the solution may be pretty simple if low sperm count is the only issue.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• The chances of conceiving are lower.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Go see a Reproductive Specialist & get a real diagnosis.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Well known fact... It only takes ONE. There are things he can do to increase his count. Might take some careful planning.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Got pregnant on the try :)))
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2013