Spin off of Panda Gwen's question-How long would it take for you to be gone, before someone called the cops? adult content

It got me to thinking how long would I have to be missing for someone to call the police, I am sure my husband would, but let's say for shits and grins he is the one who killed me, hid me whatever? I think my work would call me a few times, but have no idea if they would call the cops etc.
My parents if they spoke to my husband, would assume that I am traveling or what not, so I really think that it would be at least 3 months before anyone would be "alerted".
Not to be a crazy person, but should I tell my kids if I am out of town and I don't call you, and I do that every night, call grandma and grandpa?
Makes me a bit sad that I could disappear if my husband was to pull a Drew Peterson kind of thing, and I dont' think he will, but made me wonder!!!

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 6:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Just for Fun

• If DH did me in, I couldbe missing for a goo month possibly lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Hmm, not sure I like to think of the possibilities. I have a couple of friends who would miss me after a few days, I think, and my boyfriend would--when he didn't get a hot dinner and had to babysit. (Half joking.) But as to my family, God only knows.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• My ex would call the police on me if I was unavailible for drop off & pick up of the kids. He wouldn't be calling out of concern for me, however.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• but Ballad, and trust me we are 'playing" here, what if your boyfriend was the one who did it, how long do you think he could keep it under wraps, I assume that the police would find it odd that we went missing, but this is a just for fun kind of Murder She Wrote thing, LOL
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• It could be many months. I worry about this often.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Well we know I would be missed within 45 minutes by my mom. Lol! I pick the neighbors' kids up from school and day care every day so they would be looking for me if I didn't show up.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• My mom would get to the bottom of things. We talk every day. And her instincts are like a radar :) Lord help my husb. if he was a suspect, my dad would take care of him! Not a pleasant thing to think about tho.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Considering how many people depend on me, I think it would be n hour or so.....

Answer by older at 7:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I would be missing for a day. I work for my best friend and if I didn't show up she would know something was wrong.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• If I had to guess, not more than about 8 hours. My parents see us every night after they get off work, so if I wasn't here, they'd call my cell and then they'd be calling the cops within an hour or so of me not answering/calling back (this is assuming, of course, that I hadn't given them prior notice that I wouldn't be home). That's at most. My 12 yr old would call my parents and the cops if I disappeared suddenly and since we homeschool, he'd notice very quickly. My 9 yr old would call, too, but his brother would probably pound him into the ground just so he could do it first. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2013