PACIFIER PAST ONE

my 18mnth old never used a paci until her brother (3 ms old) was born.... now she cries for them! i give one to her now.... and oh my the looks i get!! lol. is it bad parenting to you?

rach.s92

Asked by rach.s92 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IDK if its bad parenting, but some people definitely have their opinions about it. If she likes it to sooth her to sleep then just make a deal that she keeps them in her room.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• My dd had them till she was like 2 1/2 maybe... She loved paci's. I definitely got looks, mostly from people with no kids lol. I think the bedtime thing is a good idea. I did that with dd and when I took the paci away for good it wasn't a big deal for her anymore.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 8:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• No it isn't bad parenting. I like Quinn's idea of her keeping it in her room. But even if she uses it in public she is still very young.

Answer by Bmat at 8:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• yes,for the point of giving in for a little whining
    She's played you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• doesnt hurt her or neglect her, starve her or anything along that line. then no your not being a bad parent... would i have giving it to her? prob not. my daughter wanted hers back when i had my son. she never got it. now she is over it. One you gave in which means shes going to whine until you give in on other things. 2 it might be hard to break her from it when you think she is too old for it.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I always thought it was bad for the way their teeth grow in. I wouldn't want it but totally up to you. I would try to encourage her to be a big girl, tell her the baby can't have this (ice cream or what ever) but you can because your a big girl!
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I mostly just think it is silly you gave in to the whining...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• For the paci, no. She is still young. Giving in to the whining, not a good message to send.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I gave one to my daughter till she was two, but only for naps and bedtime. She knew the rule, and her dad and I stuck to it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2013