Old wives tale

I'm pregnant again, I already have a boy he's 18 months, & I'm 12 weeks almost 13 weeks pregnant , I noticed he's more attached to me now and always wants to be with me and sleep with me more than usual. How does that saying go, if my boy is more attached to me then it's a girl because they get jealous when it's a boy? Because I've heard both, but people that tell me don't really know it. Does anyone know it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Sex is determined by the x and y chromosomes,and old wives tales were for people who didn't know how sex was determined

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Tie your wedding ring on a string and swing it over your belly. If the ring goes in a circle, it's a girl. If it swings straight, it's a boy. Or was it the other way ... Anyway, the ring on a string will be just as accurate as a predictor of your baby's gender--which is to say, a fifty percent chance of being dead on.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• The reason he's more attached to you now is because you're pregnant not because he knows whether you're having a boy or a girl. Children often get clingy when there's a sibling on the way.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2013