What would you do?

My brother makes me so mad I had asked him back in Feb. if he would like to fly together to go see our parents and he says yeah sure I bet mom would love to see all her kids together at one time.

So I told him ok I'll be looking out for some good deals on airline tickets.

Anyway I call him today to make purchases on airline tickets for in May (that's the time we wanted to go together) he's says well I heard dad was going to come in June for Jennifer's graduation (his dd, my niece)
Our mom has not been over since she got in poor health so I know mom won't be coming to the graduation.
My brother tells me that he would rather think about going to go see her sometime after graduation.
He also tells me my SIL tells him why do you want to go over there in May if your dad is coming this way?

I was like ugh! You let her change your mind?

In other words he is not gonna see our mom at all :(

Venting...anyway I am not making plans to go see our parents together anymore :( I wish he would get a backbone :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• Sorry but his logic works for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I agree with you. DH knows he can't separate me from my family, especially my mother!
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 10:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Well my best friend's Dad died this week so I'm on the band wagon of going to see our elderly family before it's too late! Go anyway so you don't have any regrets...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I agree with Jeanclaudia. Go by yourself while you still can, to heck with your brother.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• He might not want to spend the money. Nothing is stopping you from going anyway without him. It's his loss.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Yep, I say do your own thing & visit your folks on your own. Don't let him stop ya.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• You should go ahead and go and hopefully he will do as he said and see her after graduation.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2013