Can anything be more horrible than killing a six month old then asking for mercy? adult content

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/steven-smith-death-sentence_n_2996518.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• This vile story is among SO MANY that happen every damn day...I want to know when, as a nation or state by state, we decide that rape of any kind is an immediate death sentence? This and the 10 year old girl in California. Who rapes a child much less a 6 month old?

Why pay for these people in jail when we can execute them and wipe them off the earth? Now you know where I stand...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• I am nowhere near pro-death penalty. This is an exception.

What a sad, sad person.

I am hoping that he is asking for mercy because he's realized the enormity of what he did. My guess is it's just a ploy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• Well, I am sure there are more horrible things, but this is pretty bad. I don't buy his BS about her death being an accident. You don't rape and beat a 6 month old baby and expect her to bounce back. Plus, he says he raped her out of revenge because the child's mother (his GF) wouldn't have sex with him earlier that night. I'm sorry, but revenge sex would be going out to the bar and picking up a one night stand, not fucking a baby. They should save the pentobarbital for the other death row inmates and just use a bullet on this monster. Absolutely disgusting.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• link

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2013

• IMO, he is no better than an animal. And when you have a supposed-to-be-domesticated animal that is dangerous to be around, you put it down. I think we should treat this one like the animal that he really is.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Sick fuck should be raped violently and repeatedly by his 'ol cell mates...What an ass hat!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Truly despicable! Oprah did a show on sex offenders and how they "groom". It was hard to watch and made me ill. During the segment it was implied that these "people" are wired differently (easy way to explain) and they are nonredeemable. Generally, I believe everyone can change and as long as you learn from your mistake, you can become better. However, for sex offenders I have no mercy.
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• That has to be the worst thing I've read in a while.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I am going to spare myself and not read this. I am sorry I even clicked.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

I agree. He's no better than a rabid dog who must be taken out of society for the good of public safety. I'm not usually for the death penalty, either, but I'd pull the trigger myself on this one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2013