How should I switch my daughter from formula to whole milk?

MiasMomma0306

Asked by MiasMomma0306 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 12 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I put milk in a sippy cup. The bottle was for formula and the cup was for milk. We just started to eliminate the bottle and move toward the sippy cup, which meant she went from formula to milk. Good luck!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Well first i would make sure that your dr thinks she needs whole milk. they are not trying to keep babies on 2% because they are linking whole milk to obsetity. But whatever you want to put her on. I would do one week with (8oz) 6oz formula and 2oz milk, then the next week I would do 4oz formula and 4oz milk, then the next week 6oz milk and 2oz formula, then the next week right to milk!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Wait til she turns 1 year old.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I just started putting milk in their sippy cups. They took right to it with no trouble. (but that's MY kids)

They were already on a sippy when we switched to milk.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009