Parvo virus

I found out today my 9 month old puppy has parvo and doesnt have a good chance 40% how do i tell my kids and try to prepair them for the worst last year this same time i lost my dog of 16 years and grandpa days apart im already emotional how do i start or what to do around the kids who are 5 and almost 4

katehaydensmom

Asked by katehaydensmom at 1:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Pets

• I'm so sorry. That's really rough. Tell your kids that the best thing they can give your puppy is a life full of love, which they've done, no matter how short or long that life is. If you believe in heaven, tell them if the puppy goes there, he'll never be sick again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I would just inform them that puppy is sick and that you are going to do all you can to help make puppy better, but sometimes puppies don't get better from this. We have had too many pets die around here since DD was 3 (including a 28 pound cat that was her best friend) and she took it all very easily. I told her all about the Rainbow Bridge and that they are playing and having a blast until we meet up with them and take them to Heaven with us...it is very comforting for her to believe that they are no longer "dead" somewhere...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Thank you. she has been better today and im hopping she is going to make it through she always knows she is loved she gets hugs and kisses almost every 5 minutes lol
    katehaydensmom

Comment by katehaydensmom (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• an update for those that answered my dog has made it and is doing so well
    katehaydensmom

Comment by katehaydensmom (original poster) at 10:41 PM on May. 17, 2013